Your Michigan Poison Center is committed to providing all residents throughout the region with important poison-related information and education. Our health care professionals are commited to the health and well-being of all residents in the communities we serve. Please view the links below to find out more about poisoning concerns or any health-related issue you may be experiencing.
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- World Health Organization
SUBSTANCE ABUSE DISORDERS
- National Institute of Drug Abuse- NIDA for Teens
The COVID-19 vaccine has been released and is being distributed. To learn more about the vaccine and testing click on the links below for updates from the Center for Disease Control & Prevention, The Food & Drug Administration, and the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services.
Poison Centers take calls from people each day concerned about dates on food items. Click on the link below to learn more about safe food consumption and important dates on packaged food items.
Food safety is a high priority now more than ever. Before you shop, be sure the food you purchase is safe for everyone your household. Click on the link below to find out if items you have or plan to purchase have been recalled.
Food Safety Links from the Partnership for Food Safety Education and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
Click on a link below to learn how to keep your family safe from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Call 911 first if possible. Get to a safe location and use a safe device or computer before reaching out.
- U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- YWCA/Interim House Metro Detroit at 313-862-5300
- First Step 734-459-5900 or 888-453-5900
- HAVEN at 248-334-1274 or 877-922-1274
- Turning Point at 586-463-6990
- YWCA of Greater Flint/SAFE House at 810-238-7233