Michigan Poison Center
Call 1-800-222-1222 for free expert poison help 24/7
When you call, the Michigan Poison Center experts will assess the situation and provide steps for immediate action. In severe cases, they will connect with the most appropiate emergency health care provider.
The Michigan Poison Center is a 24-hour, 365-day free resource for poison help, information and education. We serve the state of Michigan with immediate support in a poison crisis. The nurses, pharmacists and doctors at the Michigan Poison Center at Wayne State University are prepared to provide advice on possible poisoning, toxic substance or any other environmental hazard emergency. You can pre-program the number into your cell phone or use the itunes app called PoisonHelp.
Poisoning and toxic substances sound frightening and remote, but are as close as our cleaning closets, garages and gardens. If you have curious little ones or pets, it's reassuring to know that a little planning can help make your environment safer for those you love.
Please review the many resources available for parents, ranging from mercury poisoning from old mercury thermometers, what to do if you eat something poisonous, and how to prepare for the unthinkable - communications plans, supply kits, and other plans in the event of a strike against the United States.
*Go to the Education and Resources tabs to find Poison Prevention advice and other health and safety information.
* Updates about COVID-19 can be found on our Education tabs and News links.
- EPA approves two Lysol products as the first to effectively kill novel coronavirus on surfaces
- Harmful Algae Blooms-EGLE
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services warns "Don't Delay Care."
- Residents should continue following 'Do Not Eat' and 'Avoid Foam' advisories for Huron River and several nearby waterbodies
- FDA Updates on Hand Sanitizers with Methanol