Michigan Poison Center
Call 1-800-222-1222 for free expert poison help 24/7.
When you call, the Michigan Poison Center experts will assess the situation and provide steps for immediate action. In severe cases, they will connect with the most appropriate emergency health care provider.
The Michigan Poison Center is a 24-hour, 365-day free resource for poison help, information and education. We serve the state of Michigan with immediate support in a poison crisis. The nurses, pharmacists and doctors at the Michigan Poison Center at Wayne State University are prepared to provide advice on possible poisoning, toxic substance or any other environmental hazard emergency. You can pre-program the number into your cell phone or use the itunes app called PoisonHelp.
Poisoning and toxic substances sound frightening and remote, but are as close as our cleaning closets, garages and gardens. If you have curious little ones or pets, it's reassuring to know that a little planning can help make your environment safer for those you love.
You may review the many resources available with information about, but not limited to, mercury poisoning from old mercury thermometers, what to do if you eat something poisonous, and how to prepare for the unthinkable - communication plans, supply kits and other plans in the event of a strike against the United States.
- Public Service Announcement: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Leaves 2 Dead, Several Hospitalized As Texans Try To Stay Warm
- Outbreak Investigation of Listeria monocytogenes – Hispanic-style Fresh and Soft Cheeses
- New 5-state E.coli outbreak kills one person: food source remains unknown
- Multi-state Salmonella outbreak of unknown origin now up to 60 patients